- vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 2 medium onions, peeled and chopped to a paste
- 100 g red lentils
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 4 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and diced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger, finger grated
- 100 g mushrooms, quartered
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cauliflower or broccoli head, chopped into florets
- 4 cups (handfuls) of 1 bunch of spinach leaves
- curry base sauce:
- 1 tablespoon red hot chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 400 ml water
- Put potatoes and lentils to broil with salt.
- In a little vegetable oil, fry the onion paste an cumin seeds (until seeds turn black) for 10 minutes in a large pan.
- Add the remaining vegetables and stir together and add the curry base sauce.
- Simmer gently for around 25 to 30 minutes.